Tue, Mar 22|
ALLEY CATS Axe Throwing Company
2022 Spring League
Sharpen your skills, be a part of the amazing community, win prizes and compete for your chance to appear in the World Axe Throwing League on ESPN!
Time & Location
Mar 22, 2022, 6:30 PM – 9:00 PM
ALLEY CATS Axe Throwing Company, 220 West Pine Street, Hattiesburg, MS, USA
About the Event
We are thrilled to announce that our Spring axe throwing league begins on March 22nd! If you are looking for an exciting and competitive sport, the Winter World Axe Throwing League is perfect for you. Sharpen your skills, meet new people, win prizes and compete for your chance to appear in the World Axe Throwing League on ESPN!
- Alley Cats Axe Throwing league play begins on Tuesday nights (beginning March 22, 2022) from 7-9pm (Warm up session begins at 6:30pm).
- Minimum age is 8 for league play.
- Leagues are formed on a first-come, first-serve basis. Availability is limited, so reserve your spot today!
- EARLY BIRD LEAGUE FEE is $110 per player, applicable if you join by March 21st, 2022.
- Regular League Fee (after March 21st) is $130 per player.
- $60 of League Fee is due upon registration. The balance is to be paid on the first day of league play.
- First 7 weeks of league play determine Week 8 tournament seeding, and placement in the overall World WATL standings. Our leagues are sanctioned by the World Axe Throwing League (WATL), the global governing body & league for the sport of urban axe throwing.
- All league games are scored based on individual performance. Teams are not necessary.
- Leagues run for 8 consecutive weeks, the same night and time each week.
- Minimum number of players for league is 6, with a maximum of 60.
- League players may bring their own axes, but they must be weighed & measured before each league night to ensure that they meet the standards of the World Axe Throwing League (WATL)
- The first 30 minutes of each league night is set aside for a practice session and sign in. Each person gets ten practice throws and then is cycled to the back of the line. Players do not have to participate in practice.
- Each match consists of 10 throws total. Contestants switch targets after 6 throws. New kill shot rules are in place.
- Every league week, each contestant plays 4 matches. All four matches will equal to 40 throws per week.
- In each season there are 7 weeks of regular matches, with the 7th week being mandatory, and finishing with a tournament in the 8th week.
- If more than TWO weeks are missed, the players are not eligible for the playoffs. The 1-2 missed weeks’ throws can be made up through week 7.
- ALL league players will make the playoffs in Week 8 as long as attendance requirements are met.
- Week 8 is a playoff to determine the champion in a double elimination bracket.
- Double elimination means that each person has to lose twice. After losing the first game, players drop into the Underdog Bracket for final placement.
- Additionally, the winner of the Underdog Bracket goes to the final round with the winner of the Winner’s Bracket.
The overall winner will be crowned Champion and receive the league trophy!
EARLY BIRD LEAGUE FEE $110
$110 LEAGUE FEE $50 deposit with $60 due on January 3rd. This special rate is only available through January 1st.