2020 Fall League
Time & Location
About the Event
We are excited to announce that our axe throwing league begins in September! If you are looking for a fun, competitive sport, the Fall World Axe Throwing League is perfect for you. Sharpen your skills, meet new people, win prizes and compete for your chance to appear in the World Axe Throwing League on ESPN!
- Alley Cats Axe Throwing league play begins on Tuesday nights (beginning September 15th, 2020) from 7-10pm (Practice session begins 6:30pm).
- Minimum age for league members is 15-years-old.
- Leagues are formed on a first-come, first-serve basis. Availability is limited, so reserve your spot today!
- EARLY BIRD LEAGUE FEE is $110 per player, applicable if you join by September 3, 2020.
- Regular League Fee (join between September 4th & 15th) is $130 per player.
- $60 of League Fee is due upon registration. The balance is to be paid on the first day of league play.
- First 7 weeks of league play determine Week 8 tournament seeding, and placement in the overall World WATL standings. Our leagues are sanctioned by the World Axe Throwing League (WATL), the global governing body & league for the sport of urban axe throwing.
- All league games are scored based on individual performance. Teams are not necessary.
- Leagues run for 8 consecutive weeks, the same night and time each week.
- Minimum number of players for league is 6, with a maximum of 60.
- League players may bring their own axes, but they must be weighed & measured before each league night to ensure that they meet the standards of the World Axe Throwing League (WATL)
- The first 30 minutes of each league night is set aside for a practice session and sign in. Each person gets ten practice throws and then is cycled to the back of the line. Players do not have to participate in practice.
- Each match consists of 10 throws total. Contestants switch targets after 6 throws & may call the kill shot on 5 and 10.
- Every league week, each contestant plays 4 matches. All four matches will equal to 40 throws per week.
- In each season there are 7 weeks of regular matches, with the 7th week being mandatory, and finishing with a tournament in the 8th week.
- If more than TWO weeks are missed, the players are not eligible for the playoffs. The 1-2 missed weeks’ throws can be made up through week 7.
- ALL league players will make the playoffs in Week 8 as long as attendance requirements are met.
- Week 8 is a playoff to determine the champion in a double elimination bracket.
- Double elimination means that each person has to lose twice. After losing the first game, players drop into the Underdog Bracket for final placement.
- Additionally, the winner of the Underdog Bracket goes to the final round with the winner of the Winner’s Bracket.
The overall winner will be crowned Champion and receive the league trophy!
- League Registration Fee$60$600$0